March 22, 2005

Simple Pleasures

A mail-ordered book containing 50 grilled cheese recipes. I know that nobody needs a recipe book of grilled cheese sandwiches. But I'm totally tickled just reading it. I put it down and picked it back up four times in the past hour.

And the annual program for the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. This baby is 1/2 thick so I have a lot to peruse. I am a knitter and spinner. This festival is the main source of material for the year to come. And I love to go wallow in the notion of being a temporary farmer. And who could resist the tiny lambs or the sheep dog trials. See, there is lots to look at in the program. There are classes too. But most of all, its arrival reminds me that we really have reached the cusp of spring. The festival is always the first weekend in May, and it's just a downhill slide until then.

Woo hoo!

5 Comments:

At March 23, 2005 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fifty?

Now, the wooly fest programme I can understand. But Fifty Grilled Cheese recipes? You are hilarious.

wuv

 
At March 23, 2005 5:15 AM, Blogger Sasha said...

Did I mention that I like grilled cheese?

 
At March 23, 2005 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not have guessed that.

Is it still feeling like Spring?

 
At March 23, 2005 7:48 PM, Blogger Sasha said...

Yep. Raining but springy.

Grilled applewood smoked bacon, gruyere, and tomato on baguette. Very nice.

 
At March 24, 2005 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds more like a sammich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home