June 29, 2005

Commuting

has gotten much too interesting. Yesterday I drove home behind a Bentley. And I spent most of the time wondering how it is possible to make a Bentley so boring. It was seriously beige with nondescript everything, including the driver. Now I'm all for understatement, but this was ridiculous.

Then this morning I get stuck behind a bus. Would you believe that on an eight lane highway there is enough traffic at six AM to get stuck? Well I did. And then the bus caught on fire.

That's quite enough excitement for one 24 hour period thank you very much.

5 Comments:

At June 30, 2005 2:27 AM, Blogger Blue said...

Bentley? Nice neighbourhood...but, yes. The Brits do understatement so well, and sometimes to extremes.

 
At June 30, 2005 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pass through the best and the worst of neighborhoods. The contrast remains startling. I never learned not to see what is around me.

How'd that confuser thing go?

 
At July 01, 2005 2:04 AM, Blogger Kimmah said...

It would have been really interesting to see what would have happened if the Bentley caught on fire, you know. Considering how blah the owner seemed to be, wonder if that would have caused a panic or just a mere annoyance?

 
At July 01, 2005 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like Bentleys, I think they are ugly. Of course, the only person I knew who had one was a former client sumbitch who chose bankruptcy more than once as a solution to debt. So that may have been a factor, I'm not sure.

 
At July 02, 2005 10:48 AM, Blogger Blue said...

Indeed, Bentleys are clunky--even the new ones. Rollers have a certain presence, but in any event, I'd plump for a Jag if we must stay British.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home