July 28, 2005

The Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest Results

are in. First prize !!

" As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg carburetors in his vintage Triumph Spitfire, highly functional yet pleasingly formed, perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for experienced hands, the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be inspected and adjusted as described in chapter seven of the shop manual."

Dan McKay
Fargo, ND

Go read more. They're a hoot.

4 Comments:

At July 28, 2005 10:30 PM, Blogger gothmog said...

LOL!!!

I *love* these! This (analysis and exercise) will make a fun day for my AP Seniors.

 
At August 02, 2005 8:00 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Give a hoot. Don't pollute.

By the way, when I first read this post, I thought it was a contest you (Talia) had entered, and won first prize in. And then I realized that was not in fact the case, and I was very relieved.

 
At August 02, 2005 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I used "hoot" by accident. I meant to say "fuck you" instead.

And Jo. I'm glad you were relieved. :)

 
At August 06, 2005 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(sotto voce)

What would be the collective noun for a, er 'bunch' of hooters?
A cacophany?

*sniff*
I miss hooters

Bleu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home